Saturday, June 25, 2011

UC San Diego, IRPS, and the Korea Pacific Program

By Don Southerton, Editor
I'm a graduate of the University of Colorado (B.A and M.A.). I've done post-grad classes at USC, UCLA, and with the Korea Intercultural Institute of California. Moreover, I was an instructor at the United States Military Academy (USMA) at West Point in the 1980s.

That said, over the past few years because of my work with and support of the University of California San Diego Graduate School of International Affairs and Pacific (IRPS) I feel the strongest academic ties to IRPS and its Korea Pacific Program.

Outside attending a number of IRPS sponsored high profile lectures over the years, I have often collaborated with the professors and students. At times, IRPS graduate students have also served as interns for my firm Bridging Culture Worldwide. They have added considerably to numerous Korea-facing projects and publications like Chemulpo to Songdo International Business District.

Finally, I've been active as a mentor and advisor for IRPS graduate students (Korean and American) interested in Korea-facing global business. In particular, over the past year I supported the school's formal mentorship program. I was happy to receive a certificate of appreciation from the school, too.


BTW For those interested in learning more about IRPS and its Korea Pacific Program, please visit their website UCSD IRPS LINK Korea Pacific Program

No comments:

Post a Comment