Monday, October 12, 2015

Everything Korea, October 12 Episode, more Context vs. Data

One of my recent themes has been Context vs. Data.   


Background matters. Decisions, strategies and tactics need to take into account circumstances---some reaching back decades. I like to think I provide Context.  In part, I have invested years of research, study and first hand experience looking at Korea facing business. My books and commentaries reflect this work.


This short book I authored several years ago, Hyundai and Kia Motors
The Early Years and Product Development focused on the Korean brands mid 1960s to 2000.


At this time Korean automakers went through a dramatic transformation.  They went from essentially partnered for technology and design with Ford, Mazda, and Mitsubishi.... to developing their own integrated research, development, and manufacturing, not to mention the economies of scale needed for the Korean automakers to compete globally with industry heavyweights such as Toyota, Ford, GM, and VW. 
In the book I look at Hyundai and Kia models from the past such as the Pony and Excel, Brisa and the Pride, 
and the Sephia, as well as some still very popular and successful such as the Sportage, Rio and Santa Fe.


To access a complimentary copy of Hyundai and Kia Motors: The Early Years and Product Development, go to:



















No comments:

Post a Comment