Each year millions of Koreans celebrate the Lunar New Year Holiday. The holiday brings families together for a day of tradition including bowing to elders (left photo), ancestor rites, food, and games (right photo).
By Don Southerton, BCW Editor New Urbanism: Smart, Sustainable Growth -- Fantasy Vs. Reality Guest Post By Don Southerton As mentioned in a previous Forbes guest article, I live in Belmar, a new urbanism community in Colorado. With today’s global and often virtual workplace, about half my day centers on Korea. Between trips to Seoul and being highly involved in Korea-facing business I’ve long observed Korean trends toward quality of living, green and sustainability. For example, trendy Korean Starbucks asks patrons to separate their trash from hot liquids—not trashing unused coffee with the paper waste—soggy paper is hard to re-cycle. I also support Korean manufacturers like Hyundai and Kia Motors. I see them striving to produce the next generation of green and sustainable cars: Outside the hybrids, eCars, and Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles (FCEV), the materials now used in the assembly of the vehicles are increasingly eco-friendly along with a bold program for the recycli...
My work requires that I watch, study, analyze, and then provide insights into Korean global business. I work closely with many of Korea's top global firms. The Hyundai-Kia Motor Group is the leader in global expansion. In addition to Hyundai and Kia Motors, a number of sister firms are making huge strides. This includes MOBIS ( car parts) and GLOVIS (logistics). Another success story is Eukor. This recent Invest Korea case study highlights the Hyundai-Kia/ GLOVIS affiliate's progress and successes.... Billion Dollar Story Sleek, trim but riding high in the water, they ply the globe's trade routes, bearing a cargo that is at once a mainstay of the world economy and vital accoutrement of contemporary civilization. They are the car carriers, the workhorses of the seven seas who toil virtually invisibly to ship almost a quarter of the automobiles produced annually from their place of manufacture to their intended markets. As a major element of Korea's rise as an industria...
One of Korea's top export sectors is automotive. This includes the Hyundai-Kia Motor Group, which has a huge global infrastructure. In addition to manufacturing, sales, and marketing, Hyundai-Kia operates a massive logistics, distribution, and parts network. I work closely with many of the Hyundai-Kia affiliates including MOBiS--the parts supplier. I thought this article in Korea Herald provides a great snapshot of the auto parts supplier. Hyundai-Kia Automotive Group, the world's sixth largest automaker, is a company that places strong emphasis on globalizing its operations. The group's chairman Chung Mong-koo stresses the need to establish overseas production bases and sales networks at every opportunity and has set in motion a series of projects that will take the group into the ranks of the world's five largest automakers by 2009. In line with Hyundai-Kia's globalization strategy, the group's affiliate and its largest auto parts supplier Hyundai Mobis Co. ha...
Comments
Post a Comment